This article will show you how to transfer your marks, routes and tracks saved on your PC to your Android device.
Please note that if you are using Memory-Map 6 on your PC a much quicker and easier way to transfer overlay data is to use the Memory-Map Cloud Sync feature. Details of this can be found HERE.
However if you would like to manually transfer the overlay data please follow the steps below:
- Within Memory-Map save the route or track as normal to a location on your PC as a GPX file
- Close the Memory-Map application
- Connect your Android device to your PC (please check your devices user manual for the correct method)
- Use Windows File Explorer to locate the Internal Storage\Download\Memory-Map folder on your Android device (this will contain an additional sub folder named DMS)
- Copy and paste the GPX file from your PC into the Internal Storage\Download\Memory-Map folder
- Disconnect your Android device from the PC
- Launch the Memory-Map app on your Android device
- Press Menu > Overlays > Menu > Load Saved Data
- Select the overlay you wish to load
- Select the type of overlay you have just loaded (Route or Track)
- Select the name of overlay and press View
The overlay will then be displayed within the Memory-Map app on the best scale map that the app has access to.
- Open Memory-Map on your PC and locate/create the route, track or mark you wish to send to your Android device.
- Click on the mark, route or tack to select it and then right-click to bring up the context menu – select Save As...
- The Save As window should then appear. Insert a name for the file and then change the ‘Save as type’ to 'GPS eXchange (*.gpx)':
Save the file somewhere where you will be able to find it, such as the Desktop.
- Connect the Android to your PC and use Windows File Explorer to navigate to the Internal Storage/Download/Memory-Map folder on your Android device.
- Open a new Winows File Explorer window and navigate to the folder you saved the GPX file to. Copy and Paste the GPX file from the PC into the Memory-Map folder on the Android device.
- Once the file has transferred to the Memory-Map folder you can safely disconnect it from your PC.
- Open the Memory-Map app on your Android device and press the following:
Menu () > Overlays > Menu () > Load saved data
- Tap on the name of the file you transferred over to the device, this will import the overlay objects into the app.
- Select the Mark, Route or Track tab depending on what you’ve sent to the device.
- Tap on the name of the Mark, Route or Track you wish to view.
- The Edit box will appear; this allows you to customise the overlay object on your Android device.
- Tap 'View’ and your mark, route or track should now be on your mapping.