The exFAT file system allow files bigger than 4GB be stored and used on the SD card.
However not all devices are compatible with it.
In terms of Memory-Map products the following devices are compatible with exFAT:
- Adventurer 3500
- Adventurer 3000
Note: Formatting erases all data currently stored on the SD card. We strongly recommend that you backup all data on the card before performing these steps.
- Insert the new SD card into the PC
- Open Computer and right-click on the drive named Removable Disk (if you have multiple removable disks then check the capacity of the disk by selecting Properties)
- Click Format.
- In the 'File System' dropdown, choose exFAT
- In the 'Allocation unit size' dropdown, choose Default allocation size
- Click Start and close this window when finished.
- Your SD card is now using the exFAT file system.