1. Do I need to migrate the license to do this?
Yes, you will need to migrate your licence
2. If so, how does one manually migrate the license to the Netbook? Do I start to do this with the desktop or with the Netbook?
It is easier if you perform the migration from the NetBook. Please see here for full instructions regarding the Licence Managment features: http://w2.memory-map.com/WebHelp/license_management.htm
3. How does one reload the software on to the Netbook? So that I get the picture, let's assume that I can get the Netbook to hook up to a CD reader from which I can reload the software. Do I just use the CD and type in the username and password when prompted, and then it just happens? (When I tried to download the software from the Internet, and activate it using my username and password, it just gave me 30 days trial period.)
Once you have migrated your licence, the full resources will be activated.
4. Now, given that I haven't currently got a CD-reader that will hook up to the Netbook, but that I do have a 8Gb flash drive, how do I migrate the software to the Netbook with that?
I am afraid you cannot, as this would licence the removable drive rather than the NetBook hard drive.
5. How do I migrate the mapped area to the Netbook?
Once you have migrated the licence you will need to redownload the mapping.