It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Creating/Saving routes
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 pm 

Used the app for the first time today and put several markers on my ride to create my first route. Now it kept the markers on the marker section and I saved them as a route, well I thought I did because when I tried to open it on the tracks or route folder it never. After saving it as a route I deleted the markers from the marker folder. so is that the problem.

Also what is the best way to download routes because I have tried to get MM to see a GPX file of trailzilla and it finally worked but I had to keep moving the folder on the SD card until by luck I actually found it elsewhere as an Android exe file.

Post subject: Re: Creating/Saving routes
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:02 pm 

Quote:
I have tried to get MM to see a GPX file of trailzilla and it finally worked but I had to keep moving the folder on the SD card until by luck I actually found it elsewhere as an Android exe file.
Overlays have to be in the root download/Memory-Map folder, ie download/Memory-Map/overlay.gpx. If it's in a sub-folder, the app will not see it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 pm 

I see download folder and the memory map folder, which then leads to DM folder/GB folder and then OS2012 Folder but no overlay.gpx folder. I have tried saving routes, tracks, markers, loading tracks, routes and markers but nothing still.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:25 am 

I just used overlay.gpx as an imaginary example file to show you where your data should be.

Any routes, tracks or marks you want to send to Android should be saved as gpx files. The file itself should be put in the download/Memory-Map folder, next to the DMS folder & not in any other folder.

When you start the app you need to tell it to look for any new data:- menu > overlays & then menu > load saved data.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:02 am 

In that folder next to the DMS one, tried loading and saving as you said but still nothing. I have no idea how I managed it for the first route I downloaded but the others just ain't working. I'm starting to wonder if downloading them to a Mac is somehow changing the file format. I've run out of ideas and clearly no one from MM is bothered. Thanks for help though Flyboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:39 pm 

I tried a different approach and emailed the link,GPX file to myself and downloaded the file straight to my phone. I went to the downloads folder where photos and pictures go when downloaded and all the gpx files in there were instantly recognised as an Android EXEC file. So I just moved them to the MM download folder and put them with the DMS folder and they came up when I loaded saved files. Job done.
Thanks for you help Flyboy. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 pm 

carlws wrote:
In that folder next to the DMS one, tried loading and saving as you said but still nothing. I have no idea how I managed it for the first route I downloaded but the others just ain't working. I'm starting to wonder if downloading them to a Mac is somehow changing the file format. I've run out of ideas and clearly no one from MM is bothered. Thanks for help though Flyboy

It is not that we don't care, but flyboy has given great advice thus far. He simply beat us to the punch. Thanks so much, flyboy.