It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: firmware update is it ever coming?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:43 pm 

Jason

its nopw been nearly a year and a half since we were promised a firware update, i think we are now owed an explanation? can you now tell us if you are going to bother with one or not. If not then you really shouldnt still be selling the unit. and if you are its about time to tell us exactly when this will be.

I have already reviewed this item on as many sites as I can with my honest opinion and will continue to do so if an honest answer is not forthcoming.

thanks you.

Post subject: Re: firmware update is it ever coming?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 pm 

Can I add my voice to this one, hope we get a reply at least.

Having successfully, but stressfully used the S7000 for about 12 months, I am now looking to change. It would be more cost effective to simply upgrade the existing device, but if MM are not planning to do something with the S7000, then it will be an Airbox Foresight 2.

Come on Jason, give us some good news!!!

John.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:17 pm 

Actually I have found that aviation pro app on the ipad, comes to £450 all together with the price of the ipad and as the S7000 is totally unfit for the purpose, the ipad seems to be a much cheaper alternative and works great.

Jason will not reply as they have no intention of ever supplying an update, do you Jason?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:59 pm 

Thanks for that, I have to agree that MM have no intention of upgrading the S7000. I spoke to Flightstore, who tell me that it is no longer marketed as a gps!

I have managed to get a £300 trade-in on the S7000 against an Airbox Foresight 2, which gives me all the charts, planning software and airfield info, in a usable package.

John