It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Updating maps in the Pilot 7000
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:12 pm 

It can be done because I successfully updated the CAA 1:500k - Southern England and Wales from version 35 to 36, but when I tried to update the CAA 1:250k - England South from version 13 to version 14, PROBLEMS!! I can now no longer see the CAA 1:250k - England South on the Map List that is supposed to show a list of available maps at current location. I can only select the CAA 1:250k England South map from the Settings & Overlay Options map list. Also I can no longer 'GPS lock' on the 1:250k - England South map display. If I try the lock when on the 1:250k - England South map, the display flips to show a locked state on the CAA 1:500k Southern England and Wales map. See why it is getting a bit frustrating!

Incidentally, I have to-date (until this latest update) found the Pilot 7000 to be a useful aid to navigation. I have successfully followed route overlays for flights of 3 to 4 hours taking me across map boundaries without any problems. I use a minigorilla auxiliary power supply with the Pilot 7000 and fly with the minigorilla & Pilot 7000 mounted on a knee-board. The one modification I felt was necessary to the Pilot 7000 was to fit a plastic strip as a switch-guard over the Pilot 7000 On/Off switch to prevent accidentally switching the unit off.

Update 23/08/2010... I received a reply from Simon Jenkins with an updated caa250_eng_sou_14.qct file for the Pilot 7000. Have copied it in and GREAT!, no problems now. Many thanks for good technical support! To all those who are not so sure about the Pilot 7000, I'd say persevere with it. It really does work well in the cockpit, but I think it best to set up the planned route and display features on the ground and carry a small stylus to help with hopefully few selections in the air. What impressed me was its ability to recover to the last-used settings and overlays without any fuss even if the power got interrupted and it had to be restarted.

Last edited by Frustrating! on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Updating maps in the Pilot 7000
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Frustrating!,

Does the CAA South 1:250K 14 function correctly on the PC?

Thanks